Upcoming horticultural events from a range of organisations and providers, arranged in date order. To include your event in this calendar, please contact the PlantNetwork Coordinator.
- Heritage Open Days, 13-22 September 2019, free access to heritage properties around the country.
- London Gardens Network 10th Anniversary Garden Party, 19 September 2019, Chelsea Physic Garden
- Treborth Botanic Gardens will be open under the National Garden Scheme on Saturday 21st September, 10am – 1pm.
- Conservation, Preservation & Demonstration: the What, Why & How of National Plant Collections, Upton House, Warwickshire – 26 September 2019.
- SoilCon 2019, Henley-on-Thames, 26 September 2019.
- Invigorating interpretation – bgen event, Paignton Zoo, 26 September 2019.
- An outdoor art exhibition by the Bedgebury Pinetum Florilegium Society, Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest, until 30 September.
- The principals of tree pit design – a seminar with Tim O’Hare, 02 October 2019, Barcham Trees.
- PGG AGM Weekend, Hemel Hempstead and local gardens, 04-06 October 2019.
- Walled Kitchen Gardens Network Forum 2019, Cranborne, Dorset, 05-06 October 2019.
- Women’s Leadership Retreat, 07 – 11 October 2019, Eden Project
- Play & Engagement with Gardens, Walmer Castle, Kent – 09 October 2019.
- Amenity Forum Annual Conference, Burton-on-Trent, 10 October 2019.
- Arboreta Around the World: Share your biodiversity. International conference on the history, value and future prospects of arboreta. 10-12 October 2019, Vallombrosa, Florence, Tuscany, Italy.
- Perennial 180th Anniversary Festival Dinner 2019, 11 October, London.
- Christmas trees and biosecurity, 14 October 2019, Noble House, London.
- HTA Marketing Forum: The power of social, 16 October, Didcot, Oxon.
- Plant Genomes in a Changing Environment, 16 – 18 October 2019, Wellcome Genome Campus, UK.
- 2019 BIAZA Plant Working Group Conference, Chester Zoo, 16-18 October 2019. Focus on zoo horticulture: Involvement of zoo horticulture in conservation projects; and, Designing and implementing exhibit landscaping on a small budget.
- Lady Penelope Gardens’ Autumn Horticultural Luncheon,
The Stag Inn, Balls Cross, Petworth, 18 October 2019, 12-2pm. Book by calling 01403 820241.
- Trees & Development: Tree Forum at Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh – 22 October 2019.
- Salon Talk: The Englishwoman’s Garden, 22 October 2019, The Garden Museum, London.
- Symposium: Healthy gardens for people, plants and wildlife, 24 October 2019, ZSL.
- Dutch approach of tree management, over-structured or complete? A seminar with Henry Kuppen, Harold Schoenmakers and Herman Wevers 24th Oct at Barcham Trees, 9.30-3.30
- UNLEASH, 06-13 November 2019, Shenzhen, China.
- Beyond the Classroom – National Conference 2019, 07 November 2019, Blackpool Tower.
- Symposium: The State of Botany and Plant Science in Secondary Biology Education, 08 November 2019, University of Reading.
- bgen Annual Conference 2019: Securing Our Future, 12-15 November 2019, Royal Botanic Gardens Kew. Includes AGM.
- Longmeadow – A Public Garden That Will Never Be Open To The Public, 27 November 2019, Royal Geographical Society, London. Sold out but waiting list open.