Upcoming horticultural events from a range of organisations and providers, arranged in date order. To include your event in this calendar, please contact the PlantNetwork Coordinator.
- Events at Historic Houses – throughout the year.
- International Conference on Sustainable and Circular Horticulture and Sustainability, 20-21 January 2020, London.
- Palmstead Soft Landscape Workshop 2020, 22 January 2020, Ashford, Kent.
- Party for Perennial, Thursday 23 January 2020, Ev Bar, South Bank, London.
- Nicholas Leate (1569-1631) ‘a worthy merchant and a lover of all faire flowers’, 29 January 2020, The Gallery London.
- BIFoR Annual Community Meeting with Action Oak, 29-30 January 2020, Edgbaston Park Hotel, Birmingham.
- Amenity Forum – Updating Events 2020: Setting the Standard, 30 January 2020, Harper Adams University, Shropshire. More events around the UK until 14 April 2020 (Green-Tech, York).
- An Introduction to Garden History: Medieval, Tudor & C17th Formal Gardens, 09 February 2020, The Garden Museum.
- A Focus On… Winter Gardens, 12-13 February 2020, Cambridge University Botanic Garden, Anglesey Abbey and RHS Garden Hyde Hall.
- Princes, Parkland and Politics: the legacy of Muskauer Park and its modern revalorization, 13 February 2020, The Gallery London.
- Persephone training at Kingston Maurward College, Dorset, 17 February 2020: Open to Plant Heritage members only.
- An Introduction to Garden History: English Landscape & C18th Town Gardens, 23 February 2020, The Garden Museum.
- Beth Chatto: A Life in Plants, 26 February 2020, The Gallery London.
- The Garden Press Event, 04 March 2020, Business Design Centre, London.
- An Introduction to Garden History: Victorian, C20th & C21st Gardens, 08 March 2020, The Garden Museum.
- Re-visioning the High Line, New York – “two guys with a logo”, 11 March 2020, The Gallery London.
- HotHouse: Nature of Leadership programme, 23-27 March 2020, Eden Project
- Glasshouse Day, 24 March 2020, Oxford Botanic Garden. FULLY BOOKED
- WRITE NOW! A three day residential practical workshop on popular writing about plant health, 7 – 9 April, 2020, Oxon Hoath, Kent
- Women’s leadership retreat, 20-24 April 2020, Eden Project
- Promoting Excellence in Horticulture Conference, 22-23 April 2020, RBGE, Edinburgh.
- Taxonomy at Winterbourne House, Birmingham, 23 April 2020: Open to Plant Heritage members only.
- Young Horticulturist of the Year 2020 Final, 02 May, Logan Botanic Garden
- Plant Records Group Meeting 2020, 06 May 2020, Swiss Garden/Shuttleworth, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire.
- The Biopesticide Summit & Awards, 19-20 May 2020, NEC Birmingham, UK.
- SPNHC & ICOM NATHIST 2020, 07-13 June 2020, Edinburgh
Rare Plants Fair at Waterperry Gardens, 14 June 2020, Waterperry, Oxford.
- English Heritage Conference: How English is the English Garden?, 17 June 2020, Wrest Park, Bedfordshire. Call for Papers now open – closes 31 January 2020.
- Barcham Trees’ – The Big Barn Conference, 17 June 2020, Barcham Trees PLC, Cambridgeshire
- Exotic Gardening: Gardening on the Edge, 08-09 July 2020, Logan Botanic Garden. More soon about this PlantNetwork event.
- Inaugural Annual Lecture at The Dorothy Clive Garden, 2pm Sunday 12 July 2020. Speaker is Dr Nicole Spence, Chief Plant Health Officer, DEFRA. Book by email.
Later in 2020
- The UK’s biggest chilli festival returns, 07-09 August 2020, West Dean Gardens.
- International Hardy Plant Union Congress: Summer Days 2020 in the Czech Republic, 09-13 August 2020, Czech Republic.
- The Gardens Trust Annual Conference and AGM 2020, 04-06 September 2020, North Yorkshire.
- Arboricultural Association Amenity Conference 2020: Trees and Society, 06-09 September 2020, University of Exeter.
- Plant Health, Agriculture & Biosciences, 09-11 September 2020, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- PlantNetwork Tree Forum: Tree Health, 10 November 2020, Yorkshire Arborteum. More soon about this PlantNetwork event.