We’re looking for an experienced, part-time Administrator who will help us in the expansion of our activities and provide support to our membership. This role is a home-based position which will allow for flexible working.
As the PlantNetwork Administrator, you will have excellent organisational skills to support the PlantNetwork Manager and Board of Trustees; and exemplary communication skills to engage with our members, speakers, and stakeholders. You will have good office skills and computer literacy as well as an interest in producing written communications. A willingness to travel to occasional events across the UK will be needed.
The full job description and person specification can be downloaded or viewed below. If you have any questions before applying or you are having problems applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send a CV (no more than 2-pages) with a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role and the contact details of two referees to email@example.com.
|Job Title:||PlantNetwork Administrator|
|Reports to:||PlantNetwork Manager|
|Employment type:||Fixed term – 24 months|
|Hours of work:||22.5 hours per week, flexible|
|Location:||Home working. May include occasional travel to events in the UK.|
|Basic salary:||c.£24,350 pro rata (equivalent to £14,600 per annum)|
|Annual Leave:||25 days pro rata (equivalent to 15 days or 112.5 hours per annum)|
PlantNetwork is a charity and membership organisation that provides training and network support to gardens and gardeners throughout Britain and Ireland. Since being formed in 1996, PlantNetwork has brought together both institutional and private members and now represents over 300 gardens including all the major public horticultural and botanic gardens in the countries. Through its work, PlantNetwork contributes to maintaining and developing the horticultural and plant conservation skills for which our gardens are renowned, and its members include many head and senior gardeners. The charity is governed by a Board of Trustees that sets a vision and has overall responsibility for achieving charitable objectives.
The role would suit someone who is looking for a flexible part-time role, and can be balanced alongside another job, studies, and/or personal responsibilities. As our new Administrator, you will have excellent organisational skills to support the PlantNetwork Coordinator and Board of Trustees; and superb communication skills to engage with our members, speakers, and stakeholders. This is a home-based appointment, and the successful candidate will be fully supported by PlantNetwork in accessing resources for working from home. As some travel within the UK will be required, applicants will need to be based in the UK.
- Manage and further develop administrative systems and procedures, including the PlantNetwork customer relationship management system which maintains our membership database, ensuring records are updated promptly and accurately in accordance with agreed security and confidentiality standards.
- Provide administrative support for the Coordinator, Board of Trustees and wider membership by responding to email/telephone enquiries, providing guidance and imparting knowledge in order to ensure an open and professional culture.
- Assist the Coordinator/Board with the management of meetings by coordinating diaries, booking and equipping meeting rooms; circulating agenda items; taking, typing and circulating minutes.
- Working with the Coordinator, compile and produce management information, retrieving and collating data and information for inclusion in regular and ad-hoc reports, particularly membership information.
- Assist with website updates and social media communications.
- Assist with weekly newsletter and other publications, as necessary.
- Assist with events held at gardens across the UK and Ireland.
- Other duties commensurate with the post as required.
Essential skills and experience:
- Pro-active approach and ability to work independently as well as part of a small team.
- Numeracy and literacy must be at a sufficient level to enable the job holder to use IT programmes such as WordPress and customer relationship management (CRM) applications; to maintain accurate records; and to interpret policies and procedures.
- The jobholder will have gained at least two years previous experience of working in a project management, clerical or administrative role.
- Knowledge of intermediate office systems and procedures is essential including responding to emails, using video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, and use of MS Office or equivalent.
- Proven ability of learning new processes and procedures, particularly IT systems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of arranging and administrating meetings.
- Experience of writing for different audiences and formats including reports and websites.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Exemplary communication skills and willingness to engage with a wide range of individuals and organisations.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Evidence of an interest in gardens and plants.
- Experience of website maintenance and CRM experience.
- Use of social media for promotional purposes.
- Basic financial administration (processing payments, reconciling accounts, invoicing)
- Full, clean driving licence.
Benefits of working for PlantNetwork
While a small charity, PlantNetwork offers a wealth of opportunity for the successful applicant to be involved in a range of tasks and activities in a very supportive environment. Excellent scope to develop a career in horticultural administration.
PlantNetwork is committed to creating and promoting an equitable, diverse and inclusive culture where the contributions of all are valued, respected and appreciated irrespective of age, gender, race and ethnicity, religion/belief, disability, sexual orientation, education, socioeconomic status and national origin. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all who have the skills and experience needed for the role.
Please send a CV (no more than 2-pages) with a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification and the contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications as they are received. Please note that referees will only be contacted after the interview stage.
Successful applicants will be invited to an initial Zoom interview at a date to be agreed with the applicant. If you have any questions before applying, please contact email@example.com.