Join us on Wednesday 26th April 2023 at Brodsworth Hall and Gardens, near Doncaster, for a day to explore the management of green waste in gardens.
Gardens produce large amounts of green waste. Managing and processing green waste, principally but not only through composting, provides one route to improving soil health in gardens as well as ensuring good management of resources and wastes, reducing emissions and carbon footprints, and so much more. While this session will focus on composting and other management of green wastes, we will also consider the wider implications of soil care and management. We’ll hear from a range of speakers, with case studies of facilities and good practice from a number of gardens.
Learning outcomes/objectives of the day:
- Understand reasons for managing green waste and links to soil care, circular economy etc.
- Understand the principles of composting, including the difference between aerobic and anaerobic composting as well as fermentation
- Introduction to other green waste management approaches including biochar production
- Share experiences and practice with other gardens and gardeners
- Develop a composting/green waste management network within PlantNetwork
Booking is OPEN. Login to the PlantNetwork website to access the membership discount. Fees are £57 for PlantNetwork members and £97 for non-members. If you are a student studying horticulture or a related topic full-time, a limited number of further discounts are available: contact the PlantNetwork Administrator to find out more. Fee includes lunch and refreshments.
Programme available shortly.
Brodsworth Hall and Gardens
Our venue for the event is Brodsworth Hall and Gardens near Doncaster in South Yorkshire. Postcode is: DN5 7XJ.
Brodsworth is about 6 miles from Doncaster railway station and close to the A1(M). For directions to the garden, please see the English Heritage website.
If you need accommodation, there are a range of hotels in and around Doncaster and Barnsley including Travelodge, Premier Inn and Holiday Inn as well as a range of competitively priced independents.