PlantNetwork Autumn Conference 2015
The plant collections of Britain and Ireland are diverse in content, age and history. They create the gardens we manage; as parks, botanic gardens, arboreta, historic gardens, visitor attractions and as local, national and international resources for conservation.
This two day conference will consider how we manage and assess our collections in terms of their legal compliance, relevance and potential for conservation and partnership working on all levels. There will be opportunities to ask questions regarding Nagoya, compliance and issue you may be facing to our panel of experts.
Not had chance to get started on an up to date and relevant Plant Collection policy for your garden? Join the workshop session to get started on your policy with help at hand.
Legislative requirements and conservation strategies will include:
- Update on Access and Benefit Sharing and the Nagoya Protocol
- Update on the Invasive Species Directive
- Update on the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation
- Ethical sourcing
- Fair Trade
- Assessing relevance
- Plant collections policies
- How your garden and plant collection can contribute to the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation
- Case studies on Fair Trade partnerships, engaging our visitors with plant conservation, community partnerships and science and research partnerships.
Wednesday 4th November: Registration 10.00 -11.00am; Conference starts 11.00am
Conference dinner evening of 4th November
Thursday 5th November 9.00am to 4.30pm
Costs include conference attendance, delegates pack, lunch and refreshments including conference dinner on evening of 4th November. Accommodation is not included. Wollaton Hall is 3 miles west of Nottingham city centre and there are over 60 hotels and B&Bs within 3 miles of the venue.
PlantNetwork members £210 (online booking rate) by invoice or cheque £240
Non members £245 (online booking rate) by invoice or cheque £275
Non members overseas £255 (online booking rate) by invoice or cheque £285
Non member students £220 (online booking rate) by invoice or cheque £250